School Measures in place for Returning on March 15th
What you can do to help keep everyone safe!
• Remain 2m socially distanced when dropping off and picking up your child / children.
• Wear a mask / face covering.
• Do not congregate in groups outside the school gates.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
• It is important that your child arrives to the school at their designated time to aid social distancing and avoid overcrowding.
• UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD ANY CHILD BE IN THE SCHOOL YARD BEFORE 9.00 AM AS SUPERVISION WILL NOT BE IN PLACE.
• Children who arrive late must come to the school office where we will arrange for them to be brought to their class.
Please be assured that the Board of Management and Staff will follow all Department of Education and HSE guidelines to ensure the safety of your child.
We look forward to welcoming our children back to school and thank you for your continued support.
Timetable for Arrival and Dismissal
Monday 15th March 2021 onwardsARRIVAL
9.00am 3rd and 6th Class
9.05am 4th and 5th Class
Monday 15th March 2021 onwards
2.40pm 3rd and 6th Class
- 2.45pm 4th and 5th Class
School Measures in place for Covid 19
The following are the measures we are taking to protect your child in school.
- Children will sit in groups called pods. The pods may consist of 4-6 children depending on the class size.
- Each class will be now be referred to as a bubble.
- Your child will only mix with their own pod while in the classroom.
- Your child will only share school resources/materials with the children in their pod.
- There will be a 1m distance between pods.
- PE lessons to be taken outside ( weather permitting) until further notice.
- Shared activities cancelled until further notice.
- Breakfast Club cancelled until further notice.
- After school clubs cancelled until further notice.
- There will be staggered arrival and dismissal times for class grouping to limit interactions between children.
- Children will enter and leave the school via their own block door.
- Hand sanitisers are installed in all classrooms and at entry points throughout the school. Children will wash/ sanatise their hands upon entering the classroom, after breaktimes and when necessary during the course of the day.
- Windows in the classrooms have been adapted to ensure maximum ventilation.
- Teachers/SNAs will wear a face covering, mask/visor or both depending on proximity to your child.
- Teachers will teach your child the skills and importance of
: (a) social distancing
:(b) correct hand washing and sanatising
: (c) correct cough etiquette.
- Primary school children are not required to wear a face mask.
- An isolation area will be designated for your child if they display any symptoms of COVID19.
- The classrooms will be thoroughly cleaned at the end of the school day.
- Break times will be staggered.
- Your child will only play with other children from their class bubble at break times.
- Each class bubble will have a designated play area in the yard and will not be allowed to play with children from other classes.
- Children when required to line up in the yard will remain with their own pod or maintain a 1m distance.
All staff and the BOM are taking all safety precautions possible to ensure the safety of your child and are following all guidelines from the Department of Education and Skills. >