School Measures in place for Covid 19
The following are the measures we are taking to protect your child in school.
- Children will sit in groups called pods. The pods may consist of 4-6 children depending on the class size.
- Each class will be now be referred to as a bubble.
- Your child will only mix with their own pod while in the classroom.
- Your child will only share school resources/materials with the children in their pod.
- There will be a 1m distance between pods.
- PE lessons to be taken outside ( weather permitting) until further notice.
- Shared activities cancelled until further notice.
- Breakfast Club cancelled until further notice.
- After school clubs cancelled until further notice.
- There will be staggered arrival and dismissal times for class grouping to limit interactions between children.
- Children will enter and leave the school via their own block door.
- Hand sanitisers are installed in all classrooms and at entry points throughout the school. Children will wash/ sanatise their hands upon entering the classroom, after breaktimes and when necessary during the course of the day.
- Windows in the classrooms have been adapted to ensure maximum ventilation.
- Teachers/SNAs will wear a face covering, mask/visor or both depending on proximity to your child.
- Teachers will teach your child the skills and importance of
: (a) social distancing
:(b) correct hand washing and sanatising
: (c) correct cough etiquette.
- Primary school children are not required to wear a face mask.
- An isolation area will be designated for your child if they display any symptoms of COVID19.
- The classrooms will be thoroughly cleaned at the end of the school day.
- Break times will be staggered.
- Your child will only play with other children from their class bubble at break times.
- Each class bubble will have a designated play area in the yard and will not be allowed to play with children from other classes.
- Children when required to line up in the yard will remain with their own pod or maintain a 1m distance.
All staff and the BOM are taking all safety precautions possible to ensure the safety of your child and are following all guidelines from the Department of Education and Skills. >